Welcome to the BellyDance Land of Cris! Basimah
Cris! Basimah is an award-winning belly dancer from Santa Barbara, California, specializing in dance combinations of Turkish, Lebanese, Egyptian and American cabaret styles, also featuring Latin and Brazilian rhythms.
Cris! is the Dance/Artistic Director and principal soloist for the UCSB Middle East Ensemble and also performs regularly at Santa Barbara's Middle Eastern Restaurant Zaytoon, at private and corporate events. Check on her upcoming performances and events.
Cris! Basimah is also a teacher and choreographer. Her beginner and intermediate bellydance classes are held on Wednesdays, at the Gustafson Dance Studio, in Santa Barbara, and beginner classes are also offered on Mondays at UCSB. For more information on ongoing classes and workshops, visit the Instruction section. Private classes are also offered by appointment.
- Fall classes are here. Registration for both Monday classes at UCSB or Wednesday classes at Gustafson Dance Studio (Santa Barbara) are open!
- Next show at Restaurant Zaytoon is Saturday September 27th.
- Summer promo for private classes is almost over! Grab some classes or a class package by Friday October 3rd! Study with Cris! on the days/times you can, on your own pace and focus on your favorite subjects/needs.
- Gift Certificates at BellyDance Land! It can be used for class registration (except UCSB's) and articles sold in class.
- Check on the "Belly Dancer Girl" game and dress her up for an upcoming performance!
- Connect with The BellyDance Land of Cris! Basimah on Facebook™!
receive our newsletter and everything belly dance in your inbox!
Find out ahead of time about upcoming performances, classes and workshops as well as receive our monthly newsletter. Just sign up to our mailing list by filling out the form on the top right located in all pages on this website. BellyDance Land does not sell or share your private information. Sign up now!