Welcome to the BellyDance Land of Cris! Basimah
Cris! Basimah is an award-winning belly dancer, teacher and choreographer based in Santa Barbara, specializing in dance styles of the Middle East and Latin cultures.
Trained in classic and modern ballet, Middle Eastern Folkloric and Oriental as well as Latin dance styles, Cris! mixes a wide variety of techniques to produce entertaining, educating and often innovative performances and choreographies.
Cris! is the Dance/Artistic Director for the UCSB Middle East Ensemble and Ya ‘Ayuni Dance Co. She also performs regularly at Santa Barbara's Middle Eastern Restaurant Zaytoon, where she's been a house dancer for 10 years, and can be hired for private and corporate events.
Upcoming Performances with Cris! and her dance company
Private classes - study privately with Cris!, on your own pace, focusing on what you need/want
Photo by Jay Fotografia (São Paulo, Brazil)
Upcoming Events on Belly Dance Land
- 3-class package special this week only! Join our Wednesday Belly dance classes in Santa Barbara this May!
- Upcoming shows: UCSB Middle East Ensemble on May 21st.
- Next show at Restaurant Zaytoon will be in May. Read Cris' Zaytoon performance review on the Santa Barbara Independent!
- Leap Year Promo for private and semi-private coaching with Cris! Reserve yours today!
- Online Video Library - dance videos of combinations and choreographies that Cris! has either presented in class (group or private) or at a workshop.
- Connect with The BellyDance Land of Cris! Basimah on Facebook™ and Twitter.
- Check on the "Belly Dancer Girl" game and dress her up for an upcoming performance!
Receive our Newsletter and everything belly dance in your Inbox!
Find out ahead of time about upcoming performances, classes and workshops as well as receive our monthly newsletter. Just sign up to our mailing list by filling out the form on the top right located in all pages on this website. BellyDance Land does not sell or share your private information. Sign up now!