Welcome to the BellyDance Land of Cris! Basimah
Cris! Basimah is an award-winning belly dancer from Santa Barbara, California, specializing in dance combinations of Turkish, Lebanese, Egyptian and American cabaret styles, also featuring Latin and Brazilian rhythms.
Cris! is the Dance/Artistic Director and principal soloist for the UCSB Middle East Ensemble and also performs regularly at Santa Barbara's Middle Eastern Restaurant Zaytoon, at private and corporate events. Check on her upcoming performances and events.
Cris! Basimah is also a teacher and choreographer. Her beginner and intermediate bellydance classes are held on Wednesdays, at the Gustafson Dance Studio, in Santa Barbara, and beginner classes are also offered on Mondays at UCSB. For more information on ongoing classes and workshops, visit the Instruction section. Private classes are also offered by appointment.
- New Wednesday Belly Dance Session starting May 6th!
UCSB class registration closes Friday April 24th.
- Milestone celebration at BellyDance Land continues! Sweet deals on private and semi-private lessons with Cris!. First takers save up to 45% on private training! Schedule a class today.
- New upcoming performances with Cris!, her Ya 'Ayuni Dance Co (the dance company for the UCSB Middle East Ensemble) and her students. Check it out!
- Connect with The BellyDance Land of Cris! Basimah on Facebook™ and Twitter.
- Next show at Restaurant Zaytoon is Saturday April 25th.
- Gift Certificates at BellyDance Land! It can be used for class registration (except UCSB's) and articles sold in class.
- Check on the "Belly Dancer Girl" game and dress her up for an upcoming performance!
receive our newsletter and everything belly dance in your inbox!
Find out ahead of time about upcoming performances, classes and workshops as well as receive our monthly newsletter. Just sign up to our mailing list by filling out the form on the top right located in all pages on this website. BellyDance Land does not sell or share your private information. Sign up now!